[recommenders-dev] Breaking restructuring changes about to happen...

Hi recommenders-dev,

heads up: I'm about to remove and rename several projects  in o.e.recommenders git repository. We recently added replacements for overrides, subwords, and calls recommendations. Olav provided the new models api so we are finally good to go now.

What will be removed (better replaced) in HEAD:

o.e.r.completion.rcp.calls
o.e.r.completion.rcp.overrides
o.e.r.completion.rcp.subwords
o.e.r.completion.rcp.chain

These projects will move to a new naming scheme "o.e.r.[recommender-type].[rcp]" -where rcp bundles contain the eclipse specific parts. o.e.r.[recommender-type] will contain all code to run the recommender in a headless environment. Also o.e.r.extdoc.rcp will be renamed to o.e.r.apidocs.rcp to reflect its larger scope for 2.0. These changes should make it easier for Patrick to finish his GSOC in time ;-)

More changes may follow. I'll let you know when I can plan what else will change. I'll try to keep the RecommendersContext API stable so that args completion continues to work. For Codesearch and Extdoc, there will be some breaking changes because of the renaming. Dammina and Kavith: Please watch out for API changes in the next week.

Thanks,
Marcel

Back to the top