Re: [recommenders-dev] [snipedior] Maven build

Hi Fabian,

> The src-gen/ files of the UI module were already generated as part of the original build setup, see [1]. The problem you described with the sources not being found by the UI module build was due to a missing entry in the build.properties:
>
> https://github.com/sewe/SnipEditor_MavenBuild/pull/1

thank you, that did the trick. After the addition of a missing
feature.properties my build works fine [1].

Anyway, what I still think is odd is that the
org.eclipse.recommenders.snipeditor project build generate's code in
org.eclipse.recommenders.snipeditor.ui(/src-gen) as well. As a long-term
Maven user, I was very surprised by this.

Would it be possible to adapt the GenerateSnipDSL.mwe2 and run the
fornax-oaw-m2-plugin twice, once in org.eclipse.recommenders.snipeditor
and once in org.eclipse.recommenders.snipeditor.ui?

> I've had some weird errors (in the the UI and the test modules) when building locally while the projects were also open in Eclipse, so try to close the projects or quit Eclipse when you have issues while running the build.

This is probably the Xtend generating stuff when it shouldn't. Xtend
doesn't have a proper m2e connector yet, so the m2e .settings files
checked in should match what's specified in the pom.xml (and they
probably don't). I'll  try to straighten things up once the Maven build
is in its final shape.

Best wishes,

Andreas

[1]