[recommenders-dev] [snipedior] Maven build

Hi all (although probably only Stefan and Fabian are interested in this),

I just spend a couple of hours to bring the existing Maven build of
Stefan's SnipEditor plugin in line with the org.eclipse.recommenders
build. Essentially, the idea is to let all of Stefan's projects inherit
from the respective parent POM on the o.e.r side (where there is one
parent POM for plugins, one for tests, one for features, etc.).

Unfortunately, this turned out to be a bit more complicated than I had
hoped for, due to all the code generation involved. In particular, my
conversion still fails in the org.eclipse.recommenders.snipeditor.ui plugin:

org.eclipse.recommenders.snipeditor.ui.contentassist.AbstractSnipDSLProposalProvider
cannot be resolved to a type.

This type exists in the src-gen folder of the plugin. However, that
directory doesn't seem to be generated by the build (and I removed it
from my conversion, as generated sources IMHO shouldn't be checked in).

Anyway, you can find my current conversion at [2]. First, build the
mainline o.e.r [3] to install all its parent POMs into the local Maven
repo. Then, run (in the root directory)

  mvn clean install -Dlicense.failIfMissing=false

to build it. BTW, the -Dlicense.failIfMissing is necessary as the files
don't include proper license header yet; this is exactly why I want to
inherit from the o.e.r parent POMs, to inherit all its checks and
ultimately make merging of SnipEditor into the mainline easier.

So, I am afraid to make the conversion fully work some changes to the
GenerateSnipDSL.mwe2 are in order, as it refers to various resources in
its own project and *outside* its own project. This should IMHO be
rectified insofar this is possible.

Ideally, the build would do the following things:

1.) Place generated sources below target/generated-sources/xtend or
target/generated-sources/mwe2 (following the Maven convention; this
makes it unnecessary to reconfigure the maven-clean-plugin).

2.) Write only in is own project structure, not in another project's.

Fabian, can you help me out here?

Best wishes,

Andreas

[1] <https://github.com/stefanprisca/SnipEditor_MavenBuild>