Re: [recommenders-dev] [gsoc] Weekly Report

Hi Timur,

> *What I have done this week*:
> Fixed some problems with the new code recommenders target platform
> (updated Xtend to version 2.4, installed m2e etc.).
> Start to serialize the triggered commands in the workspace (with GSON).
> Example for the persisted data are shown in the attachment.

either you forgot the attachment or Mailman filters it out. Either way,
it would be great if you could give these examples also in the JavaDoc
of the data classes. Nothing explains a data-structure better than
having one or two instances to look at.

> *What I have planned for the next week*:
> The triggered commands can now be persisted in the workspace, the next
> step would be to load this persisted data in an own application
> model, which will be shown in the UI (the UI is already finished).

One tip, since persisting and loading could potentially happen at the
same time (if I understand your implementation correctly): When
persisting, do a createTempFile(.., .., dir) and then a Files.move(..)
overwriting the previously persisted state. That way, reading and
writing won't step on each others toes, even if done from multiple
threads. The OS will still keep the old file around, even though the
filename now points to something else.

Hope that helps.

Andreas
--