[recommenders-dev] [GSOC 2013] LiveDoc Weekly Report

Hi CoRe-Devs,

here is my short GSOC project update for this week:

What I had planned for this week:
- Better console output with logback (1)
- (Optional) Fix 'showlocation' console bug on mac os x (2)
- Fix the 'guava' javadoc bug (3)
- Integration of custom doclets/taglets for livedoc (4)

What I have done this week:
Andreas and Marcel down prioritized the polishing of the CLI tool output for now, as long as it doesn't disturb debugging purposes.
So, (1) and (2) aren't an issue atm ( which makes me very happ btw :D ) until we decided some 'final' user interactions for the CLI tool.

(3) is done, indeed my own source code (@TODO: ..... )  poked his tongue out at me -.-

Mostly, I've started on writing a simple doclet + taglet and tried to integrate these to the javadoc execution call.
I (or better: mostly Andreas and me) had to do some classloading and API digging to find out how we can pass custom doclets and taglets to javadoc without getting Class(Def)NotFoundExceptions.
For custom doclets we found a proper solution, but unfortunately this doesn't work for custom taglets (what we actually would need).
Javadoc doesn't let you programmatically expand his classloader with a parent classloader for loading taglets, only doclets.
The solution now will be to write a custom doclet with a custom cloassloading policy for this issue, this will be the next task for me.

Besides that, I've added some groovy magic into my build setup for a better product export under win32 and stabilized my maven build (no more warnings, thx@Andreas).
But this was more some kind of a learning task for me to get familiar with maven and groovy ;)

What I have planned for the next week:
- Write a custom doclet with a buddy classloading mechanism for loading custom taglets
- Provide a plug-in extension point mechanism for custom taglets in LiveDoc
- Make sure that more than ONE taglet can be used as plug-in currently (--> probably more classloading issues :P)

Best Regards
Patrick

Back to the top