[recommenders-dev] Update site url changes

Hi,

as you noticed,  we drop support for Eclipse 3.x and Eclipse 4.2 branches now. This simplifies our release structure quite a bit. To reflect these changes, Andreas and me would like to propose new p2 repository layout. Let us know in the case you have serious complains with the new layout.

There will be three public visible repositories:

http://downloads.eclipse.org/recommenders/updates/head
http://downloads.eclipse.org/recommenders/updates/milestones
http://downloads.eclipse.org/recommenders/updates/stable

Head and milestone will be cleared after each build or promotion. Thus, they contain the latest version only.

Stable will be a composite repository which delegates to sub repositories as follows:

http://downloads.eclipse.org/recommenders/updates/stable/2.0.0
http://downloads.eclipse.org/recommenders/updates/stable/1.0.4
…

There will be another repository for our simultaneous release contributions which will be named as follows:

http://downloads.eclipse.org/recommenders/updates/simrel/kepler/SR0
http://downloads.eclipse.org/recommenders/updates/simrel/kepler/SR1
http://downloads.eclipse.org/recommenders/updates/simrel/kepler/SR2
http://downloads.eclipse.org/recommenders/updates/simrel/lunar/SR0
http://downloads.eclipse.org/recommenders/updates/simrel/lunar/SR1
…

The simrel and milestone contributions are updated manually using some scripts we haven't written yet. Head will be populated from Hudson and will always contain the latest version of our tools build against MASTER and Lunar target platform. We expect this repository to be compatible to Kepler and Juno but we don't officially support this backward compatibility.

Maintenance builds for kepler SR1 and SR2 are triggered manually on build.eclipse.org and manually copied to the according folders. There will be no public repository other than the simrel repositories for SR0,1,2.

We also have in mind to offer an incubator update site where our current incubator projects could be listed, i.e., args and codesearch when ready for incubation.

Drop me an email in the case you see any problems with the current plan.

Best,
Marcel

P.S.: The old update sites dev/e42 dev/e37 and stable/e42 stable/e37 will be around for a few more weeks but will ultimately be removed.

Back to the top