Re: [recommenders-dev] [GSoC 2013] SnipMatch Weekly Report

Hi,
Here are the updates of the last week (27.06-04.07).
I started creating SnipMatch search engine. As the first step i implemented a simple search mechanism. Now the search engine compares a query with the summary section of the snippets in the search index file and generate the output. I created the search results view where the search results are shown in the editor.
You can clone my Git repository[1] and check the current progress. Before you trigger the SnipMatch command, Please make sure you have set the search index file path in the SnipMatch preference page (Window->Preferences->Code Recommenders->SnipMatch). Still i have not implemented the search index creation part. Therefor, you may have to use a search index file which has been created by previous version of SnipMatch. You can clone the sample snippets from here[2].

Plan for the next week:
* Improving the search result view. Currently the search view has a focus listener problem.
* Implementing a better search algorithm for SnipMatch search engine. I still did not have created separate threads for searching process and it causes to several problems. My plan is to use several threads and make it properly work.

[1] https://github.com/lakjeewa/SnipMatch
[2] git clone https://code.google.com/a/eclipselabs.org/p/code-recommenders.snipmatch-snippets/

Thank you,
Madhuranga Lakjeewa