Re: [recommenders-dev] [gsoc] projects' current status?

Hi developers,

so here's a short update on my current progress:

Today wasn't really a good day, since thursday I'm struggling with exporting my application from the IDE to an executable native app.
My codebase for the CLI to download, javadoc and re-upload an artifact from and to a maven repository is working just fine (besides a few usability nice-to-haves, which I'll to discuss and prioritize with Andreas first.)
By now, I've actually wanted to provide you a native app for testing, since starting via the command-line and the equinox launcher doesn't really work for me.
However, starting in the IDE everything works just fine :)

The main problem atm is that the product export finishes without errors, but there isn't an executable (which should be) in the target destination folder.
There are various reports about this issue on the eclipse bugtracker, but none of these helped me.

So, the next step is to skip the manual exporting of my application and directly integrate this step into the maven build, since Andreas told this would be the way to go.
(I actually wanted to do this afterwards, because in the past I never had any problems with exporting rcp applications from eclipse. I didn't have done this in an automatic maven build yet)

For next thursday, I'm hoping this will be ready so you can test the application :)

Best regards
Patrick