Re: [recommenders-dev] Feedback wanted: New ways to indicate proposal relevance (Hippie Completion)

Hi,

thanks for your feedback.
 why not display percentages (%) of usage instead of numbers?
We're not entirely sold on percentages here, as they can be interpreted as having some implicit semantics beyond frequency. If we take the intelligent calls recommendations, there the percentages tell you how likely it is for you to want this method call in the specific context. That's why the percentages there don't add up to 100% (they might be much higher).

Also ordering the proposals might be good.
The proposals are ordered by frequency but only up to a user-specified number of top proposals(default is 7 proposals, can be adjusted in the Hippie preference page). The rest is not ordered.

bye
Johannes

Stefan Prisca schrieb:
Hi :)
I'm new on the recommenders list, but here is a thought: why not display percentages (%) of usage instead of numbers?
This way it will look the same for large values, and the user will be able to see how often he/she used the proposals. And maybe display a total number of applied proposals somewhere in the corner.
Also ordering the proposals might be good.
Hope this helps,
Best regards, Stefan