Re: [recommenders-dev] [GSoC 2013] Starting GSoC 2013 Project

Hi Madhuranga,

Congratulations for being accepted for GSoC 2013!

I will be mentoring you along with Marcel who is on his honeymoon right now.
You should also keep an eye on Stefan Prisca's project "New text editor for SnipMatch" [1] and possibly get in contact with him.

Can you tell me what timezone you are in? I would like to schedule a skype session. What is a good time for you this week or next (your local time)? I am in GMT+1.

bye
Johannes

[1] http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/project/google/gsoc2013/stefan_prisca/14001 - stefan.prisca@xxxxxxxxx

Madhuranga Lakjeewa wrote:
Hi All,

It is a great pleasure for me to get accepted for GSoC 2013 with Eclipse Code Recommenders.
I am Madhuranga Lakjeewa. I am a student of Department of Computer Science and Engineering, University of Moratuwa. My project proposal is "Re-Writing SnipMatch Code Completion Engine"[1].
As you already know SnipMatch is a code snippet search tool which falls under Eclipse Code Recommenders. It has been planed to advance as a social snippet sharing tool in which the contributors can create and share snippets with others. But current version of SnipMatch has several problems which i have described in my proposal[1]. My idea is to re-write SnipMatch completion engine by eliminating those problems.
According to the GSoC timeline, this is the Community Bonding Period and i am preparing the background to start the coding. If you have any idea on my project please let me know and i highly appreciate all your ideas.

Regards,
Madhuranga Lakjeewa

Johannes Dorn

Codetrails UG (haftungsbeschränkt)