[recommenders-dev] Release 1.0.4 and how to handle Snipmatch

Hi all,

I am currently in the process of preparing for the Code Recommenders
1.0.4 release [1].

As it turns out, Snipmatch does not build anymore with the e43 profile
enabled (needed for Kepler), due to a required library
(org.apache.commons.httpclient 3.x) changing name and major version
(org.apache.httpcomponents.httpclient 4.x) in the Kepler repository.
Now, Orbit contains both versions, so this build issue is certainly
fixable -- alas, I don't have the time for this right now. (Volunteers
are always welcome, of course.)

Note: As Snipmatch is not part of the release-train, this is *not* a
blocker.

But as Snipmatch's development has stalled a bit in the past months
(although GSoC promises to change that), I was wondering whether moving
it to the incubator for now makes more sense than having a plugin in the
mainline that is only partly supported. Thoughts?

Best wishes,

Andreas

[1] <https://git.eclipse.org/r/#/c/12372/>
--