[recommenders-dev] A student interested in GSoC 2013 project idea

Hello everyone,

I am Rushabh Mehta, currently pursuing Masters of Engineering in Computer Science at Cornell University. My interest lies in Machine Learning, Information Extraction and Natural Language Processing. I have also worked for recommendation based project.

Majorly I code in Java, but I will be happy to learn other technologies if needed. These projects seemed very interesting to me because it is at the cross-section of Recommendation Engines (ML's application) & Eclipse (which is one software which I've used the most)! Successful implementation of these ideas will make developer's life a lot easier, so with the help of this project I will be able to give back to the community :)

I had a question about 'Proposal Ranking'. In bug report I found that this idea is currently in prototype phase with few Java interfaces written down. I am trying to understand the code, but what should be my next steps ideally? What would you prefer more : Rigorous analysis about different schemes for ranking OR getting existing bugs fixed?

Thanks!

Regards,
Rushabh Mehta,
www.linkedin.com/in/mehtarushabh