Re: [recommenders-dev] GSoC 2013 Ideas(Social Extdoc)

Hi Dammina,

On Apr 2, 2013, at 6:00 PM, Dammina Sahabandu <dmsahabandu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Thank you very much Marcel.
By the way I'm having a difficulty while building the Recommenders repository. Specifically, I have cloned the repo to my local machine and tried to import it to eclipse as a maven project.

Don't use Import as Maven Project. Use import existing (eclipse) project instead.

But while building maven tycho, I'm getting the warning "No explicit target runtime environment configuration. Build is platform dependent." multiple times. And the build process failed.

The warning is okay since we don't use any platform constraints for developer builds. the build itself, however, is not allowed to fail. What's the error message?

Also after importing the project to eclipse it gives thousands of errors such as,
"Could not calculate build plan: Plugin org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-resources-plugin:2.5 or one of its dependencies could not be resolved: Failed to read artifact descriptor for org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-resources-plugin:jar:2.5"
Is there any way solve this or do I have to import those libraries manually and edit the MANIFEST files manually?

As said above, don't consider these projects being maven project. They are not. The pom files are only there to drive the build but not the IDE. Please reimport them and set the target platform properly as described in the bug report and wiki.

And what is the execution environment for recommenders project.(is it JavaSE-1.6 or something else?)

1.6

Best,
Marcel