Re: [recommenders-dev] Argument completion: ping!?

Hi Andreas,

I am not sure which sun_checks.xml you mentioned. After installation of the CheckStyle plugin,
we found two rule sets for us to choose. I guess the Sun (Eclipse) one mostly uses Sun's code convenstions:
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/codeconv-138413.html

and has adapted a little as specified by Eclipse: http://wiki.eclipse.org/Coding_Conventions

Also, it feels like that this rule set is quite strict by default, requiring a large number of javadoc comments
for almost everything (like fields, setters, getters...).

Best,
Cheng

On Tue, Mar 12, 2013 at 9:04 PM, Andreas Sewe <andreas.sewe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Cheng,

> Yes, we are using extra CheckStyle rules which are recommended
> by Eclipse:  http://wiki.eclipse.org/Coding_Conventions/
>
> Specifically we installed the eclipse-cs plugin:
> http://eclipse-cs.sourceforge.net/
> and enable the Sun (Eclipse) rule set. We also tried it on the existing
> code in
> Eclipse Code Recommenders, the results are much better than Args...
> So we want to keep in line with existing code :)

You are using the sun_checks.xml? Or is there an Eclipse-specific rule
set somewhere?

Either way, I'll see which of the rules we can include in our
releng/coding-styles checkstyle rule set and check automatically on the
main Code Recommenders without it requiring too much manual fix-up effort.

Best wishes,

Andreas
--
Codetrails.com - the knowledge transfer company