[recommenders-dev] Identifier Replacement and Completion

Hi,

I was at the CSMR 2013 last week and heard the presentation of Surafel Lemma Abebe about his approach to identifier replacement and completion. Using an ontology of all identifiers in the current project he is able to find identifiers that belong to the same concept, but were named differently in other parts of the program. The same ontology can also be used to propose identifier completions with very promising accuracy. He plans to implement his approach as eclipse plugin. For me it sounds like at least the identifier completion perfectly fits the code recommenders project, and thus I suggested to introduce him to the project - what I hereby do.

@Surafel:
Maybe you can describe your approach more detailed than I did and say some words about the motivation and plans for the implementations. If not already done, take a look at the main project site [1], subscribe this mailing list [2] and check general information about incubator projects [3].

Regards,
Johannes

[1] http://www.eclipse.org/recommenders/