From: malintha.adikari@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: recommenders-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2013 14:48:13 +0600
Subject: Re: [recommenders-dev] Join 'Workspace-Local Code Search' project for GSOC 2013

Hi Marcel,

Thank you for the reply, I sent those by mistake as there was an error in my gmail account. Really sorry for those email.

Thanks and Regards,
Malintha

From: marcel.bruch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2013 09:10:11 +0100
To: recommenders-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Malintha,

in the Recommenders incubator[1], you find a prototype of a codesearch engine developed by a student during his master thesis. It consists of a workspace indexer and a preference page - quite minimalistic. The engine is based on Apache Lucene but needs to be rewritten. Also there should be a search user interface and an extension to Recomenders Extdocs view.

I think that checking out and getting the source code and getting it to run/index your local workspace would be a perfect start. There is an Eclipse Target definition file that should configure the classpath of your workspace properly. Let me know if you have trouble getting the code to compile.

Best,
Marcel

P.S.: three identical emails sent from different addresses in just a few hours looks a bit weird. Is there any reason why you send your email three times?

--
Codetrails.com – The knowledge transfer company