Re: [recommenders-dev] GSoC 2013

Hi Arnav,

> I'm a year 3 Computer Science Computer science undergrad. I was
> going through the project ideas for GSoC2013 and while all are
> interesting and have been subject of interest on this list, I was
> particularly interested in finding out more about the topic "Advanced
> Ranking Mechanisms for Multiple Code Recommenders. Could I have more
> information about it (such as, the required skill set, etc).

Knowledge about Eclipse plugin development will definitely be useful.
Have a look at our current code base (see
<http://wiki.eclipse.org/Recommenders/BuildingFromSource>) and see
whether that amount of complexity is comfortable to you. All bundles
with "completion" in there name will certainly be relevant.

> Could I also have the same for the idea "Create filterable Console
> View"?

That project is offered the Platform guys in general and Lars Vogel and
Markus Alexander Kuppe  specifically. See
<http://wiki.eclipse.org/Google_Summer_of_Code_2013_Ideas#Eclipse_Platform:_Create_filterable_Console_View>
on how to get in touch with them.

Hope this helps.

Andreas
--
Codetrails.com - the knowledge transfer company

Back to the top