Re: [recommenders-dev] [snipmatch] no templates displayed

Hi Doug,

2012/8/20 Doug Wightman <douglasw@xxxxxxxxx>
Marcel, thanks for your comments. Great feedback.

Chen - below you asked for my opinion on the UI for entering code. I
agree with Marcel, we need to have the ability to tab between
(pre-filled) parameters once a snippet has been inserted. We actually
spoke about this again last week :)
It is my fault, i did not notice this feature in our past talk. But it is very clear now, i will do it next. Before that, i will go through all the issues Marcel listed in the gdoc, and fix *easy* ones first, then start this part of job.

I think it's more important than
code repository support, and since we're already focusing on JDT, it
probably makes sense to do this next. Also important to note that it's
complementary with everything that has been done so far (we'll still,
of course, have the ability to specify parameters in the search box).
I see, just add another variables insertion solution SnipMatch besides current _in-order_ search result.

That said, I think now is a good time to publicly thank you for all of
your hard work thus summer :) Thanks, Chen!

I've really enjoyed working with you so far, and am looking forward to
continuing after GSoC - we're so close now :)

Thanks so much for all the help from you and Marcel, i am an Eclipse committer already, so, YES, i will go forward after GSoC. I wish my code will be released in Recommenders soon :-)

Doug