[recommenders-dev] About the Bayesian network in Eclipse Code Recommenders

Hi Marcel,

Thank you for spending more than an hour to help us understand the Bayesian network.

After our discussion, we have studied Bayesian network and the relevant
code in Eclipse Code Recommenders more carefully. Still, we have a couple
of questions:

1. You pointed out to us the code that uses the built model, but we also
   want to learn the way of model building. Unfortunately, we failed to
   find the code for this part. Is this part of code not publicly available?
   Or we just overlooked it?

2. In your previous approach (FSE' 09 paper), the method contexts are treated
   as a feature which seems similar to other features (i.e. method calls).
   In the current approach, the method contexts seem to be used differently
   than the method calls (and you used orange and blue to distinguish the nodes).
   Would you please explain a bit more on this?

3. Using the JDT debugger, we have inspected the run-time data of a Bayesian network.
   It seems that there are two layers in the network: the top layer is the "patterns" and
   the bottom layer consists of the "method calls". Is our understanding correct?
   Is it possible that a Bayesian network in Code Recommenders has more than two
   layers? If so, would you please show us a simple example?

Thanks again for your help and suggestions :)

Best,
Cheng

Back to the top