Re: [recommenders-dev] [technology-pmc] How to attract more research at eclipse?

Marcel,

I would like to point out that your #1 requirement below is not in any way unique to research projects. Every open source project wants more publicity and some simple path to building a community. The problem is that there are no easy solutions to these requirements. Whether the project is pure research or commercially backed, making a name for yourself, and attracting adopters and contributors requires a lot of effort.

But I think you already know that, because I've seen how much effort you've put into raising community awareness for Code Recommenders.

The Eclipse Foundation can certainly do more to help, and to make it easier for research projects to find a home at Eclipse. This conversation is an excellent start. There are some very good and pragmatic ideas here that we can work on together. I just wanted to point out that the Eclipse Foundation itself cannot  work miracles. We can only implement programs to help projects help themselves to fame, glory, and adoption.

IMHO research projects are most interested in more publicity and assistance in building a community. I don't think that a forge or a wiki page helps much here. Even forums won't help as developers don't know anything about the projects behind them.

Back to the top