[recommenders-dev] [snipmatch] Default location for SnipMatch's code snippets and index files in local disk

Hi All,

Now i use String defaultPath = System.getProperty("user.home"); as SnipMatch's code snippets and index files directory in local disk. This is my reason:

Several Eclipse instance can share the same snippets GIt code base, and they should have their own index file/directory. I think this is how SnipMatch works. The only problem is the default path for snippets and index fiels.

In the future, we may support submit/update Snippets with Git manually. And also, users may create/edit code snippets file by themselves. So i use "user.home" as default location, just like Git server, maven and even eclipse use this location, create their working directory in "user.home".

If we use workspace relative path, such as $workspace/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.recommenders.snipmatch.rcp/repositories and index/, users even can not find where the code snippet files are. For users' convenient, i think "user.home" is the proper default location for snippet files. Maybe index file's default path should be bounded with each workspace.

If you guys have different ideas about this. Please post here your prefer one for:

1. Default directory for code snippets
2. Default directory for snippet files index files.

Not much left for SnipMatch's code base merge job before M7, we have to decide this and i will change the code, then re-submit patch to Gerrit, and continue another patches submit jobs.
If you don't like this default path (-1 for this), PLEASE let me know your preferred value. Thank you :-)

--
Best Regards From Cheng Chen [chengchendoc@xxxxxxxxx]

Back to the top