[recommenders-dev] [SnipMatch] Search result display's parameters solution

Hi all,

We have to decide search result display's parameters solution now. Here is my personally idea:

As i am improving the search result display module, want it to be similar with JDT's content assist, but Eclipse content assist does not have any "parameters input" dialog, so i want to remove the parameters dialog in SnipMatch, or it will looks strange, and does not match Eclipse users' habit. Meanwhile:

1. Use default parameter values for inserted code snip, this is how JDT's content assist work. For example, there is such a method in class:

    public static void test1(int intValue, String str, double doubleValue){
//Do anything here
   }

We pop up content assist in main method, we can find method test1 in content assist's list(see attach file a.png), then, if we select test1, it will insert following code into current place:

test1(intValue, str, doubleValue)

See, JDT's content assist just use default value for the parameters(usually parameters used to define the method), there isn't any parameters input dialog. This is how Eclipse usually does. I think SnipMatch should also follow this rule.

2. The dummy parameters inserted into editor are usually "string" user defined when they create the json format code snip file, but user can change them in code snip edit panel( I will improve SnipMatch's code snip edit panel, this part is in GSoC's proposal).

Your ideas ?

--
Best Regards From Cheng Chen [chengchendoc@xxxxxxxxx]