Re: [recommenders-dev] User of Recommender

Hi,

On 09.03.2012, at 13:07, 吴通 wrote:

   Hi, I’m a user of Recommender. It is very interesting and useful for me (though some features are not available). Now I am working on some Android programs, and want to use Recommender on ADT. But I found it not so effective in ADT.

Yes, Android support is yet *very* limited yet. We had only a very small data-set to learn models for android and their quality is unfortunately very poor.
For v0.6 we work - amongst other things - on improved recommendation models and more frameworks. But this will take a few more weeks.

I have some related open source Android programs; I hope to build some models to help my developing. Are there any methods for a user to build a model and use it?

We'd like to enable users to contribute to recommenders knowledge base and thus to increase the number of supported frameworks and improve the quality of existing models.  Unfortunately, legal issues hinder us at the moment from collecting this data. We are in discussion with the Eclipse Foundation under which terms of usage users can contribute to Recommenders.

Regarding own model generation:
It will be possible to generate own models from your own workspace. There is some code for this already available but not ready to use at the moment.
I guess we'll start active development of the data sharing module and workspace model generation after Eclipse 4.2 release in July. Before that, we have to stabilize the Eclipse UI.

Thanks!!!