[recommenders-dev] Release Train and Eclipse Packages

Hi all,

to keep you updated. Johannes is working through the docuware what requirements we have to meet to join the annual release train.
In parallel, I'm gathering the information whether we can join some of the Eclipse packages (those bundles you can download from the Eclipse download site to start).

So far,
"Eclipse IDE for Java Developers" and "Eclipse RCP/RAP" packages can imagine host us for Juno Release.
"Eclipse IDE for Java EE Developers" package has been proposed but I haven't asked yet.
"Eclipse for Scout Developers" package will host us as soon as we have sufficient amount of data ready for the Scout framework. We work on that.

This is a list of four (4) potential packages we have the chance to be part of. Speaking in download numbers for 3.7.1: since its release, these packages have been downloaded In total 3.5 million times:

IDE fo Java Developers: 2.0 mio times
IDE fo Java EE Developers: 1.5 mio times
Eclipse for RCP and RAP developers: 55k times
Eclipse for Scout Developers: 16k times

Guys, being part of these packages would be priceless (hope it has the same meaning in English as in German :-) )!
Becoming part of a package should serve as an extra incentive to deliver good quality, stable, and high-performance code. Please not that we are not part of these packages yet. We still have to proof that Code Recommenders' projects are worth it...

We'll setup a tentative schedule/project plan tomorrow and create milestones for those projects maintained mostly in Darmstadt. Doug, it would be great if you could add your estimations to that plan too (later).

What we are going to deliver has not been finalized yet, but it will probably include these tools:

Calls Completion
Overrides Completion
Chain Completion
Subwords Completion

Snipmatch

Extdoc Platform with various providers like
* Subclassing directives
* Subclassing patterns
* Self-calls directives, and (hopefully)
* mined code examples

Usage Data Collector to continuously learn API usage patterns

And maybe:
Local (workspace-based) Codesearch Engine  (if Tobias manages to get a stable version of his master thesis ready for Juno :-))

Quite a lot work. But there are many good hands. Get going!

Best,
Marcel

Back to the top