[recommenders-dev] Reverting the documentation provider on completion results

Hello,

Firstly, I love the work you guys are doing and have been following the progress for a while.  I just installed 0.4.

Brief question: is there a way to revert to the eclipse default documentation view that pops up when an autocompletion suggestion is highlighted?

For example, if I were to type "steve". and then hit ctrl+space the autocompletion suggestions for a string would be displayed with charAt() being highlighted.  Shortly after the documentation popup that you guys are working on pops up.

I have the javadoc provider selected as my only hover provider yet I still get the code examples, subclassing provider, and social provider as well.  In addition, there are some visual spacing issues -- the javadoc provider doesn't extend to the right most edge of the popup, there is a lot of room lost to the text "javadoc provider".  Lastly, (and this is just a perception thing) it seems that my memory usage spikes every time the extdoc comes up -- I turned off the hovers because I was creating tons of garbage.  I can't quantify if this had any actual cost, but after turning off the hover it stopped spiking like that.

I think for the moment I would prefer to just stick with the default one from eclipse.  Is there a way to do that?

Thanks,
Steve

Back to the top