[recommenders-dev] Little planning for upcoming talks and features

Hi,

after a nice bicycle ride to Vienna I'm now back in my office. Students, let me know if you have anything to discuss. Aside finishing this semester's hands-ons, we have several talks upcoming. In the next 6 weeks we'll have three talks:

On 29.09. MAJUG (Mannheim Java User Group): 90 Minutes
On 13.10. Eclipse Stammtisch in Zurich: 25 Minutes
On 02.11. EclipseCon Europe Ludwigsburg: 55 Minutes

There is also an Eclipse DemoCamp season in November. Yet, only few locations have been announced. Check http://wiki.eclipse.org/Eclipse_DemoCamps_November_2011 for details.

For this demo camp season (or earlier) I would be glad to see the following features in action:

# Johannes B.'s example code snippets provider
# Kristijan's new example code summarizer
# Doug's CodeMatch Code Snippets search engine
# Sebastian's improved recommenders models
# Pef's Subwords extensions (e.g., completion on type names)
# I'll work on increasing the number of supported frameworks.
# Johannes L. and I will continue work on the self-hosting and crowd-sourcing platform for Code Recommenders.

Tobias postponed his work on the code search engine until November. He's doing a hands-on at BSI in Zurich. Thus, code search will stay at it's current state.

Sebastian, Johannes, Kristijan, Pef: please let me know what your current state is. Is is realistic to get these features running until the end of October for EclipseCon and November DemoCamp Season respectively?

Doug, when will CodeMatch be ready for a test/demo installation on my local machine? I guess I'll need some time to find some good code snippets that fit nicely with the demo. Johannes B., Andreas K., you should have a look at these screencasts here: languageinterfaces.com - it may be nice if we could join your work with this engine later.

Marc-Christian, what are your plans with continuing chain completion? Can we schedule a meeting for this?

Eric, do you have any spare time available for the stacktrace search engine?

Let's get going :)
Marcel

P.S.: Feature freeze for MAJUG will be the 22.09. From this date we'll work on the demo and make emergency fixes only.
P.P.S.: I'm not sure every recipient is on the list. If not, please consider joining the list. Thanks.

Back to the top