[recommenders-dev] Subwords: Beta approaching

Hi!

I would like to announce the availability of the subwords completion engine for beta testing. First of all thanks to Paul-Emmanuel Faidherbe who made an excellent job on implementing large parts of the  subwords completion engine and implemented several ranking strategies to see which strategy (probably) works out best. Thanks Pef!
I also want to give kudos to Johannes who spent quite some time evaluating and improving the engine. Thanks!

Starting with my first hack six weeks ago we now have an amazingly good looking and working subwords completion engine based on a regular expressions matcher that ranks its proposals based on Pef's prefix matching and matching bigrams (i.e., letter pairs the user entered prefix has in common with the proposal text) algorithm.

I recently added some styling to the engine to highlight which parts of the proposals contributed to the score. The final result of all this work is just awesome:

There are still a few things that don't work nicely like updating the relevance when continuing typing. But in general I think the engine is quite cool :)

If you are interested in this engine, I would like to ask you to install the current version from HEAD update site during this weekend and give it a try. If nothing sever pops up in the next days I would like to promote the engine next day in a new blog post.

Feedback (positive and negative) is welcome!

Thanks,
Marcel