Re: [recommenders-dev] Committer vote for Kristijan has been vetoed by the PMC

On 22.03.2011, at 05:49, Wayne Beaton wrote:

> You misunderstand.

Thanks for clarifying.

> Frankly, it shouldn't add any
> significant burden to get the student to take the code that will likely
> be in their first commit anyway and contribute that through Bugzilla.
> This will give them (and you) the opportunity to gain experience with
> our processes and understanding of the requirements that come with being
> a committer. Then they can be nominated.

OK. Are there any particular expectations on your side regarding size and quality of this contribution?

> BTW: makes sure that the student is aware of the Google Summer of Code
> programme.

Make(-s)?

Are we (as incubator) eligible to offer a GSOC hands-on? If so, we could offer two topics respectively ask two students to participate.

Thanks,
Marcel

Back to the top