[recommenders-dev] 1st Draft Calls Code Completion Demo Video

Hi all,

code recommenders web page is getting more and more love and it's time for screen casts showing code recommenders in action now :-)

I've put a first draft of a code completion screen cast on the web page (http://eclipse.org/recommenders/tools/completion/) which shows the call completion engine in action (but only call completion). My initial idea was to create a feature overview as xtext does (http://eclipse.org/Xtext/) where each feature is briefly presented in one paragraph and one screen cast.

I would like to create four screen casts:

# (Single) Calls Completion Engine
# Call Templates Completion Engine
# Overrides Completion Engine
# Call Chain Completion Engine

where each feature is presented in 1-2 minutes.

But before I start recording all features with all the nitty gritty details, I would like to get you suggestions about how the final screen cast should look like. Things like w/ or w/o recommendations view, active editor only vs. whole Eclipse window, screen cast resolution, etc. If you like, just come by to my office and discuss your thoughts, or discuss via IRC or simply by replying to this mail.

best,
Marcel

Back to the top