Re: [rdf4j-dev] Solr and Elastic Search

On 27 Jul 2017, at 02:47, James Leigh <james.leigh@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Jeen et al,

What is the state of rdf4j-sail-solr and rdf4j-sail-elasticsearch?

I notice that the sdk/onejar/server/workbench hasn't included sail-solr
and sail-elasticsearch in over two years (not since Sesame 2.8.2).

Should we deprecate these? Or, have we already?

They’re not deprecated AFAIK. They’re also still documented as viable backends for the search index implementation (see http://docs.rdf4j.org/programming/#_searchindex_implementations).

I’m not sure why they’d be left out of the onejar/sdk, though. I remember we did a bit of juggling with module renaming and moves at the time, and we did deprecate other implementations (Lucene 3 and 4). I think we also had some questions around IP for Solr/Elasticsearch when transferring the project to Eclipse. Perhaps them not being included in the distro is an unintended side effect of that. We certainly have approval to include both libraries:

Mark Hale did most (basically all) of the heavy lifting on those implementations. I’m not sure he’s still active on this list but if he is, perhaps he knows more about the state of things. I’ll also take a quick look at the git logs.

Cheers,

Jeen

Back to the top