Re: [ptp-user] Failed to start resource manager (remote PBS)

Mayur,
Sorry you're having trouble starting a remote PBS-Generic-Batch resource manager.

Which ptp-master-5.0.0 are you using? A lot of churn in this unreleased version has happened recently. So please be specific.
Which remote provider are you using? Remote Tools or RSE?

Since the error you're seeing is "connection refused," - Have you made a connection that you know was successful before trying to start the resource manager?
For example, did you create a remote project and were you able to e.g. browse the remote directory when setting up the project? If so the connection works.

Also, look in your error log (<workspace>/.metadata/.log file) to see if there is any information.

...Beth

Beth Tibbitts
Eclipse Parallel Tools Platform http://eclipse.org/ptp
IBM STG - High Performance Computing Tools
Mailing Address: IBM Corp., 745 West New Circle Road, Lexington, KY 40511

Inactive hide details for Mayur Ramgir ---06/14/2011 12:49:03 PM---All, I am trying to setup a PTP development environment. WheMayur Ramgir ---06/14/2011 12:49:03 PM---All, I am trying to setup a PTP development environment. When I start Resource

Mayur Ramgir <ramgirm@xxxxxxxxx>

ptp-user@xxxxxxxxxxx

06/14/2011 12:49 PM

[ptp-user] Failed to start resource manager

    Sent by:

ptp-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

All,

I am trying to setup a PTP development environment. When I start Resource manager, I get following error;

Problem to start resource manager:

Failed to start resource manager: java.net.connectexception: connection refused (see the attached screen shot)

I am using following configuration,
1) Eclipse SDK 3.7
2) PTP Master 5.0
3) CDT Master 8.0
4) VMWare 6.5
5) Ubuntu 11.04 (Use as a remote development environment)

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Mayur[attachment "PTPError.png" deleted by Beth Tibbitts/Watson/IBM] _______________________________________________
ptp-user mailing list