Re: [ptp-user] Loading Modules and PTP

Tim,

If you didn’t write the makefile, then Eclipse wrote one for you – making it a “managed” build.  Anyway, though, I think to be able to take advantage of the module you loaded, you will need to re-start Eclipse, as it is not possible to propagate an environment change that is made externally to Eclipse – to a running instance of Eclipse.  I would recommend stopping Eclipse, and then starting it again, from the shell that has the right mpicc loaded (the one you did the module load in).  Eclipse *should* inherit the environment you set, I know this works for remote builds, but have heard of a potential issue locally –  let us know how this works.

Jay

From: ptp-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ptp-user-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Timothy Stitt
Sent: Wednesday, February 02, 2011 4:42 PM
To: PTP User list
Subject: Re: [ptp-user] Loading Modules and PTP

Dear Jay...thanks for the quick reply.

I was actually running Eclipse directly from the head-node (running remotely is my next challenge). I believe I am using a makefile build (I just created a default MPI hello world C program using the template that comes with PTP). Hope that answers your questions. I am happy to help test any solutions, so just let me know.

Cheers,

Tim.