[ptp-user] Fwd: Output from unsuccessful attempts to run TAU from Eclipse

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Constantinos Delistavrou <delistavrou@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: 2010/11/15
Subject: Re: Output from unsuccessful attempts to run TAU from Eclipse
To: Wyatt Spear <wspear@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Dear Sir,

I'm replying...

Ah, I see.  When TAU is configured with -TRACE it generates trace
files, but no profile files.  If you select a makefile with out the
-trace option you should get profile output.  You could also try
setting the environment variable TAU_PROFILE to '1' in your eclipse
launch environment.  Please let me know if this works.

That is correct! At first I set TAU_PROFILE to 1 in Environment tab with no effect. Then I produced an extra makefile without any trace options and it worked!

Now I can call the paraprof both from both command line and via Eclipse environment. This tool is awesome.

I don't know if this is relevant but I have to mention it because it might help others: I also updated my apache derby installation because I got connection error messages. Now it works fine.

The trace output being produced is not handled by tau-eclipse by
default.
If you navigate to the directory containing this data,
though, you can run
tau_treemerge.pl
 This will merge all of the trace files.  Then run
tau2slog2 tau.trc tau.edf -o tau.slog2
This will create a tau.slog2 file which you can view in the jumpshot
trace viewer by running
jumpshot tau.slog2

This is also very useful!

I have to thank you very much for your time and support.

Best Regards,
Constantinos

Back to the top