[platform-ui-dev] maintained branches

Hi folks,

While trying to get Kiran up to speed on building/editing Eclipse I cam across this in Platform_UI/How_to_Contribute:

Our currently active branches:

    • master - development towards the next release
    • R4_7_maintenance - fixes for 4.7.x/Oxygen service releases, no active development but sometimes we cherry pick patches from master to it

I understand the branch was just created, so a few things still need updating. I was about to just do it and change it to say:

Our currently active branches:

    • master - development towards the next release
    • R4_8_maintenance - fixes for 4.8.x/Photon service releases, no active development but sometimes we cherry pick patches from master to it

But I didn't know if that was even true with the new release cadence. Will there be (under normal circumstances) be a 4.8.1 release (and likewise a 4.9.1 release in the future)? Will the 4.8 branch get anything on it?

Sorry if I have missed the info on this previously.

Thanks
Jonah

~~~
Jonah Graham