Re: [platform-ui-dev] Unable to build the codehttps://github.com/eclipse/eclipse.platform.ui

Hi Kiran,

The root problem you had in your log (on quick inspection) is:

Unsatisfied version constraint: 'org.eclipse.core.runtime: [3.14.0,4.0.0)'	MANIFEST.MF	/org.eclipse.ui.workbench/META-INF	line 90	Plug-in Problem
Unsatisfied version constraint: 'org.eclipse.swt: [3.107.0,4.0.0)'	MANIFEST.MF	/org.eclipse.ui.workbench/META-INF	line 93	Plug-in Problem

This is due to you having a mismatch between source version and binary version. The bundles you are missing (From the errors) are the version from Eclipse 4.8. You need to develop with the version of the platform you are editing. So you have used eclipse-SDK-4.7.3a-win32-x86_64, so you should have the 4.7 branch checked out, not the master branch. (Or better still, use the most recent SDK and use the master branch?)

HTH,
Jonah

~~~
Jonah Graham