Re: [platform-ui-dev] Unable to build the code https://github.com/eclipse/eclipse.platform.ui

Hi Kiran,

Did you get the code by download (zip file) or by cloning. The error message you get is because the git repo cannot be found.

I recommend reviewing: https://wiki.eclipse.org/Platform_UI/How_to_Contribute which should show you how to checkout and build Eclipse platform using Eclipse (as opposed to Maven). You may want to look at https://wiki.eclipse.org/Platform_UI/How_to_Contribute/Oomph for quick start guide that will download IDE and clone all needed git repos.

If you want to use Maven (which I only recommend for automated builds, as opposed to day to day dev) there is https://wiki.eclipse.org/Platform-releng/Platform_Build that documents the process in detail.

Jonah

~~~
Jonah Graham
Kichwa Coders Ltd.