Re: [platform-ui-dev] Tip of the day startup option

Thanks Jonah. Yes it can be controlled by preferences and startup options.

Cheers, Wim

On Thu, May 17, 2018 at 11:25 PM, Jonah Graham <jonah@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I am for Option 1 too, but there needs to be a preference or something similar that can be used to disable it easily from a plugin_customization.ini. I fear having a dialog pop-up will affect GUI tests. I haven't followed all the details of previous discussions, perhaps this has been addressed already.

(I had a similar problem a while ago when PyDev introduced a pop-up dialog on startup and it broke every GUI test. Fortunately at the time there was a simple preference setting to add to add to a plugin_customization.ini and pass on the command line with -pluginCustomization)

Thanks for the tip of the day, I think it is a nice addition to the product and modernises it!

Jonah

~~~
Jonah Graham
Kichwa Coders Ltd.