Re: [platform-ui-dev] [ide-dev] Tips Framework

Hello Wim and thanks for the work so far.

Are animated GIFs supported as content?

Sopot

On Mon, Jan 8, 2018 at 10:29 AM, Wim Jongman <wim.jongman@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

Over the past month, I have been working on the Eclipse Tips framework [1]. The Tip Framework enables your project to provide a Tip Provider that shows your latest tips. Tips can be statically coded in Java but also fetched from the internet. Tips are context-aware (i.e. Java tips will show when the JDT perspective is open).

While still under heavy development, I think I am ready to invite you to participate in beta testing, suggestions, continued development, UX advice, and/or creation of your Tip Provider.

Interested parties are invited to install the framework [2]. The sources are currently hosted on Github which contains some basic explanation [3]. The framework itself also contains tips about the tips.

You can use the GitHub issue system for feedback and/or provide pull requests (pull request require you to sign the Eclipse CLA).

Below you see an impression of the UI

Cheers,

Wim