[platform-ui-dev] Emojis in menu label

Hi all,

I've tried to place an emoji as 1st character a menu label on GTK, and happily found out it works well, just like an icon.
Emojis could then be a fully viable alternative to icons in many time; and as Eclipse Platform is also about deeper feeling of native, relying on emojis (provided by OS) whenever we can instead of creating new images can be a way to make Eclipse RCP apps and IDE feel more native regarding images.

But before I can start using them more widely, I wanted to know the state of emojis in Eclipse Platform on MacOS and WIndows:
Are they rendered well in editors? and in other widgets? and in menus?

Thanks in advance

--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse IDE developer, at Red Hat Developers community

Back to the top