Re: [platform-ui-dev] Activate the "Show in the Original Location" by default for minimized stacks?

On Mon, Jul 3, 2017 at 6:37 PM, Lars Vogel <lars.vogel@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Friends of Platform UI,
If you activate a view in a minimized stack it is displayed as
"overlay". See overlay.png screenshot.
We have the option to show the view in its original location. See
option.png and the resulting showinitsoriginallocation.png.
Do you like the current default? For me, the current default of
overlay rendering looks does not look good. Maybe we should change the
default?
WDYT?

I also dislike the overlay behavior and I almost always expand the view that pops-up when it shows up. Hinding 2/3 of the editor is a very bad UX for an IDE in my opinion.
So +1 to switch to the other option.
--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse IDE developer, at Red Hat Developers community

Back to the top