[platform-ui-dev] proper calls to get end of line offset before parameters?

Hi team,

In relation to this bug:

I am trying to find a way to get the offset at the end of the line before the parameters are met. So, for example, when you are doing a content assist and you have characters that are past your starting offset (the offset where you triggered the content assist) with multiple proposals, the characters after that are highlighted in yellow and red up until it reaches the end of the line or right before the parameters.

I couldn't find any methods to get the correct offset for that other than the starting offset, the offset where of where the proposed method would start (right after the . in java), and the length of the proposed method. If I can get the offset of the end right before the parameters through some API method call, that would be amazing. Currently, it just assumes that the end of it would be if it isn't alphabetic, which may cause errors depending on the different possible languages available.

Thanks for your help!

Back to the top