Re: [platform-ui-dev] Macro recording capabilities

Hi Fabio.

Thanks for taking another stab at macros.  I think focusing on intra-editor behaviour makes sense.  The commands-based + SWT approach I took is pretty brittle.  I think you're proposing modifying the KeyBindingDispatcher to create some kind of object, put into the workbench's context, that allows participants to contribute to a macro.  So the AbstractTextEditor could turn an autocomplete into {INSERT "foo.bar()"}.

The quote-autocomplete type preferences only seems to be an issue if you want to allow persisting macros (i.e., so a user with a different preference can replay the macro with the same results).  It seems unlikely the user will replay a macro with  different preferences, though I suppose they may replay on files from different projects with different settings.

Brian.

Back to the top