Re: [platform-ui-dev] Macro recording capabilities

On Mon, Jan 16, 2017 at 1:09 PM, Daniel Megert <daniel_megert@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The important part is that the structure to make the record/playback will already be available for all editors/views (based on org.eclipse.e4.core.macros) and that the general approach is deemed a good approach

Well, that seems to contradict that you have to make changes in the AbstractTextEditor as opposed to StyledText or view/editor parts.

Sorry, I probably didn't express myself well... I meant it'd be available as in "it'll be possible for all editors/views to participate in the macro recording", not that it'll be automatically implemented for them and that they'd get it without doing any change on their part.

As a note, on the "why" part, the StyledText is unaware of things such as code-completion or smart-i​nsert, etc, which is why I think that the AbstractTextEditor is a better place for it (sure, putting a listener in the StyledText will still be required, but in the end, the AbstractTextEditor is the base for text editors, the StyledText is just an implementation detail of it -- so, in this case, the AbstractTextEditor is in the same level of any other part, not the StyledText, and thus, is responsible for making sure its controls have the proper recording capabilities).

Cheers,

Fabio

Back to the top