Re: [platform-ui-dev] Mapping physical pixels

On 01/03/2017 08:00 PM, Utsav Oza wrote:
Hello,
Hi,
I was working on BugĀ 508519 - Give user ability to choose target size of the rendered page in Browser.
Cool!

While we can resize browser with different screen resolutions, is there a way to map the size of browser in (physical pixels) to virtual pixels, that is independent of desktop screen size? Screenshot shows that browser of size 640x1136 pixels, which is a standard smartphone screen resolution which unfortunately looks quite large on desktop due to varying pixel density.

As Leo mention, mapping physical and virtual pixel may be a tricky story. I believe this should be addressed separately or bug 508519. The idea behing Bug 508519 was more to change the browser size (physical pixels) to easily get a preview of the web page layout under different size. I don't think it's that important at the moment to have size matching the tablet/phone size and to do some physical/virtual pixel mapping.

That said, if you want to get to that direction, I imagine you could try to "draw" the browser in an alternative GC and then resize the content GC to some preferred physical size. But again, I don't think this should be addressed with high priority for bug 508519.

HTH,
--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer for Red Hat Developers

Back to the top