Re: [platform-ui-dev] What are "Writable" and "Smart Insert" doing in the status bar?

Hi Lars,

I realize I failed to actually answer the question you were asking.
Sorry about that.

The status field is updated by:
org.eclipse.ui.texteditor.AbstractTextEditor.updateStatusField(String)

Following back the call hierarchy from there should tell you want you
need to know.

Jonah

~~~
Jonah Graham