Re: [platform-ui-dev] Progress reporting article

It should be possible to do parallel work like that but it would be difficult. Progress monitors are single threaded. You could use a Databinding Realm on the thread with access to the root monitor and it could allow other threads to run code on the thread with access to the progress monitor.

Then you could create child monitors on a number of other threads, and each time you invoke a method on a child monitor, it can use Realm.asyncExec to get onto the root monitor's thread and pass along the progress.

If we were to write a utility for performing - say - a parallel for loop, that sort of progress monitor could be part of it.