RE: [platform-ui-dev] Window/page/perspective rework

> It would help if you could spell out exactly how you would like it to
> work.

Sure -- basically "open new perspectives in a new window".

> Which prefs did you use previously?

I used the "In a new window" option under "Open new perspectives" on the
main Workbench prefs page.

> Or, if the previous prefs weren't an
> exact match to what you would like, please provide more details.

Worked pretty well for me, though I suppose there could be better things I
haven't thought of... This was esp nice for debugging, as I really didn't
care for switching between debug and source mode using the preference bar
(left edge of window).

Never really used the drop down on the toolbar anyway (I couldn't quite
figure out its purpose. It seemed to swap out the current perspective for
another, which felt kinda weird)

What I'd really like are some hotkeys to switch perspectives... That would
be an alternative to separate windows...

-- Scott

Back to the top