[platform-ui-dev] I want my floating views

Can we get floating views back? I understand the technical issue of SWT not
allowing reparenting of widgets.  So what?  Give me an option when I open
the view to have it either floating or docked.  Or, when I float it, you
can basically close the View and Re-create it.

Additionally, I would like to mark on a per-View basis whether I want that
View to be floating.  (As opposed to per-perspective, and I have to go and
modify every single perspective).  Then, I would mark Console and Search
results as floating Views, regardless of which perspective opens them.

Back to the top