Re: [platform-ui-dev] Write into an opened file

Kris,

The Eclipse Corner newgroup is a more appropriate forum for these types of
questions.
This mailing list is intended for discussions on the design and
development of Eclipse UI, rather than questions on how to use it or its
APIs.

However (just this once ;-)):

        IWorkbenchWindow window = ...;
        IWorkbenchPage page = window.getActivePage();
        if (page != null) {
                IEditorPart editor = page.getActiveEditor();
                if (editor instanceof ITextEditor) {
                        ITextEditor textEditor = (ITextEditor) editor;
                        IDocument document =
textEditor.getDocumentProvider().getDocument(textEditor.getEditorInput());
                        document.replace(document.getLength(), 0, "Text to
insert");
                }

If you want the current selection range, use:
        ITextSelection sel = (ITextSelection)
textEditor.getSelectionProvider().getSelection();

Nick

"N V S Rama Krishna" <ram_kri@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-ui-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx
12/01/01 04:04 AM