[platform-ui-dev] UI and GUI on Linux Redhat 7.2

On my day off,. i was still on an adrenaline rush with my experience of working with Eclipse this week.

So i started to download Linux Redhat 7.2 last night and installed it. Next thing i needed was the JRE 1.3. With a short visit to IBM's site i had obtained the JRE 1.3 for linux. After some serious stressed installing moments, since i'm a typical windows user and not at all used to the long install procedures needed on a Linux system. But in a couple of hours i had Linux running and everything installed. So i double clicked on Eclipse...

... waiting ...
... Splash Screen ...
... waiting ...
... becoming really annoyed ...
... KILL APP

... open console
... run ./eclipse
... Splash Screen
... a workbench appeared
... is this it ???
... this is ugly. refresh rates are way down. switching from views stutters badly. The source code window is Grey and not White.. Is this a screw up on my side or is the Linux version ugly ? Only thing that was nice were the icons (they were the same)...

if someone has a Linux version that looks and feels like the windows version. Please send me a screenshot. Because this is not going to get me to use Linux...

For those of you,. that will argue that my Workstation isn't heavy enough.
System :
Dual p3 1000mhz
1024MB RAM
200GB RAID-0 Array